Where we Stand - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people and the Unitarian and Free Christian Churches

Last week I was sent a copy of the leaflet produced by the General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches called "Where we Stand - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people and the Unitarian and Free Christian Churches". The Memorial Church in Cambridge (where I am minister) is a congregation which is very open about its welcome of LGBT people (and we most certainly conduct same-sex blessings and wish to see same-sex marriage legislation passed) - we don't make a big fuss about it, because we wish to be a liberal Christian community for all kinds of people including, of course, LGBT folk. Anyway, as I was leafing through this leaflet I discovered it contained a photo of a service I recently conducted for two members of the Cambridge congregation - it was a splendid day and the picture took me right back to this family event with great pleasure. So, atop this blog is the picture and below is a link to the pdf leaflet. On the day I have just heard that Jeffrey John is, again, not going to be selected as a Bishop it seems appropriate to put out a small message that there are some Christian churches that take a quite different stand.

Where we Stand - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people and the Unitarian and Free Christian Churches

Comments

Yewtree said…
Yes I spotted you on the leaflet :)

Popular Posts