. . . when the rising Spring adorns the Mead, a new Scene of Nature stands display’d, When teeming Budds, and chearful greens appear—a few photos of Cambridge on the first day of spring

As Dryden put it in his wonderful translation of the first part of Lucretius' De Rerum Natura:

          . . . when the rising Spring adorns the Mead [i.e. meadow],
          And a new Scene of Nature stands display’d,
          When teeming Budds, and chearful greens appear

Since today was the first day of spring I decided to take myself off to the Cambridge University Botanic Garden to enjoy some of the first teeming buds and cheerful greens. It's still very early in the season of course so there's not a great deal but what there was certainly filled my heart with joy. The photo at the head of this post was taken today next to the lake.

But spring doesn't only bring out buds but also people and, as I wandered back into town towards home I took a few shots of people out and about doing their various everyday things. Enjoy. As always, just click on a photo to enlarge it. All the photos were taken with my Ricoh GR.















Comments

Popular Posts