A DiEM 25 (Democracy in Europe Movement) group has started in Cambridge

As regular readers of this blog will know, in February I became a member of DiEM25, the Democracy in Europe Movement an initiative started by, amongst others, Yanis Varoufakis.

As a recent post of mine called The day the music (of Europe) died . . . a jazz musician’s reflections on the EU “deal” with the Greeks and the end of a great democratic and cultural vision revealed, the crushing of the "Athens Spring", really did cause me to despair. However, with the launch of DiEM25 in February of this year, some measure of hope has been restored to me and last week I, along with twelve other people, formed a DiEM25 "Spontaneous Collective" (a DSC) here in Cambridge and we now have our own Facebook page:




Please feel free to get in touch with me/us either via the Facebook page or through this blog.

CARPE DiEM !

Comments

Popular Posts