A late spring ride out to Burwell Fen

A late spring ride out to Burwell Fen
All photos taken with a Fuji X100F
Just click on a photo to enlarge it









Reach Lode

Reach Lode

Swaffham Bulbeck Lode

Swaffham Bulbeck Lode

When I showed the fenland photos above to my wife Susanna she immediately said, "That's your Cambridge Tweed jacket!" She's right of course as the photo below, taken in 2010 by Susanna of me walking at Fen Drayton Lakes will show. I was told when I bought it (at a hugely reduced price in Ede & Ravenscroft's sale that year) that the cloth was designed after the weavers had taken swatches of cloth out into the fens to find the colours that best suited the landscape. I have no idea whether the story is true but I think you'll agree that the jacket is fenland in cloth form!


Comments