A set of black and white photos of the Cambridge Unitarian Church (1927) on Emmanuel Road

It was a very hot day here in Cambridge reaching 32 degrees celsius. Apparently, on Thursday, it may reach 35 degrees celsius. Hmm . . . it's a reminder of why both I, personally, and the congregation collectively is supporting the Extinction Rebellion movement by making the church building available to them for free.

Anyway, today, the coolest place in my neck of the woods was the church which is immediately next door to the manse where Susanna and I live. So, during the hottest part of the afternoon, I decided to take my camera and, in the spirit of my photographic hero Edwin Smith, to try and capture something of the modest beauty of the church I am privileged to serve as minister. I post nearly all the photos I took (in the order in which they were taken) so that somewhere online there is available a reasonably good overview of the place. If you'd like to know more about the building then please click on the link below which will take you to a pdf of the book written in 1914 by the building's architect, Ronald P. Jones, called Nonconformist Church Architecture. The building which he there imagines and describeds in Chapter 5, p. 43ff was finally built in Cambridge in 1927.


All photos taken with a Fuji X100F
Just click on a photo to enlarge it

















































Comments