Senhöstblad (Late Autumn Leaves) by Lars-Erik Larsson (1908–1986)

This year, as we move inexorably into the season of autumn, I have stumbled across a composer new to me, the Swedish musician Lars-Erik Larsson (1908–1986) and particularly his work for string quartet which has been wonderfully recorded by the Stenhammer Quartet on the Daphne label. The whole CD is a delight but the opening Op. 20 pieces, collectively known as Senhöstblad (Late Autumn Leaves), are proving to be the perfect accompaniment to my current autumnal and melancholic written and walking meditations. I'd highly recommend checking his music out and, below the two autumn pictures I took last week near Grantchester Meadows (just click on them to enlarge), you will find a YouTube link to the final adagio to the aforementioned piece. Enjoy.




Comments