Autumn colours and skies over Grantchester and Haslingfield

I rode out to Haslingfield today to visit a member of the congregation for a lovely lunch and conversation and decided to make my way there on the Pashley Guv'nor going by way of various lanes and tracks to Grantchester and then along Cantelupe Road.

It was a truly glorious autumn day that put me very much in an elegiac mood. I was a little early so I took the opportunity to stop for ten minutes to have a drink of tea, eat a banana and to listen to Finzi's lovely, short Op. 20 orchestral piece, an elegy called "The Fall of the Leaf" whilst all around me golden leaves fell in the wind.

I took a few photographs along the way and post them here for your pleasure. All taken with an iPhone 6+ using the Hipstamatic app. (Just click on a photo to enlarge it.)








Comments

Popular Posts