Awaiting the string quartet . . . and the night walk home through Cambridge

Awaiting the quartet . . .
Yesterday evening Susanna and I had the pleasure of going to West Road Concerting Hall hear the Endellion Quartet play a concert during their 40th Anniversary celebrations. On this occasion they played Haydn’s String Quartet in F minor Op.20 No.5 (‘Sun’), Tchaikovsky’s String Quartet No.1 Op.11, and Beethoven’s String Quartet Op.59 No.3 (‘Razumovsky’). Sublime, especially for me, the Beethoven. I thoroughly recommend their complete cycle of Beethoven quartets.

It was a very chilly night as we walked home but, along the way, I was tempted enough to stop and take a few photos of some of Cambridge’s old back streets which I post here for your pleasure.

All taken with a Fuji X100F
Just click on a photo to enlarge









Comments