A few photos of the Roman Road, Wandlebury, Cambridgeshire taken with faux Fomapan 400

Just click on any photo to enlarge it

All the photos in this post were taken using my Fuji X100V and a recipe which, in my opinion, does a pretty good job of producing images very close to those produced by the Czech film, Fomapan 400. The recipe used here is by someone who only gives us their first name, Sasha, and who posted it on the Fuji X Weekly Community page a while back. You can find her excellent recipe at this link, or simply scroll down to the very end of this post. When I shot film (back in the 1970s on a Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa)  I only ever used Ilford films, simply because that’s what my dad used, so, I have no experience with actual Fomapan 400 film. But since coming across Sacha’s recipe, I’ve both enjoyed looking at scans of real Fomapan 400 in action and using the faux Fomapan 400 in my Fuji X100V. As we head into autumn and look forward to winter I’ve just programmed it into my camera again and, in an idle moment, I thought I’d share with you some shots I took back in January 2023 of the Roman Road out at Wandlebury. This post also stands as a belated thank you to Sasha for her work in producing this recipe. 










Fomapan 400

Sensor: X-Trans IV
Simulation: ACROS+G
Dynamic Range: DR400
Highlight: - 2
Shadow: 0
Colour: 0
Noise Reduction: - 4
Sharpness: - 4
Clarity: -5
Toning: 0
Grain Effect: Strong, Large
Chrome FX: Off
Chrome Fx Blue: Off
White Balance: Fluorescent 3, 0 red & 0 blue
ISO: Max 12800
Exposure Compensation: Typically - 1 to + 1

Comments