Logan’s Meadow on a windy, grey, winter’s day

All photos are straight out of camera jpgs taken with a Fuji X-T2 and a Pentax SMC Takumar 1:1.4 50mm lens with an ND 1000 filter, and using Luis Costa’s Kodak Tri-X Push recipe

Just click on any photo to enlarge

This morning, Susanna and I talk a short walk along the River Cam to visit a local nature reserve (LNR) called Logan’s Meadow. It was a windy and grey day, perfect for blowing the weekend cobwebs away, and also perfect for taking some grainy black and white photos. I used my X-T2 with my father’s old Pentax SMC Takumar 1:1.4 50mm lens (from about 1970/71) with an ND 1000 filter, so I could keep the lens wide open and the ISO at 128000. It sounds a mad thing to do, I know, but Luis Costa’s Kodak Tri-X Push recipe really comes into its own when shot at such a high ISO. Well, that is it comes into its own if you like grainy black and white, which I do. . . Enjoy.










Comments