An Epicurean spring spin on the Dursley-Pederson

I took a lovely Epicurean spin on the Dursley Pederson on Monday out to Fulbourn Fen. Stunning weather wonderfully restorative - especially after the last two Sundays during which I have made it abundantly clear that I really don't believe in a providential God. Trust me, that's a strain on a minister of religion . . . To some this is close to atheism - in fact some claim it is atheism - though I am inclined not to agree with them. Surely Deus sive Natura is best thought of as being Divine? It's the mystical pan(en)theist in me coming out. Anyway, here we have the perennial argument about whether Spinoza's "God" can really still be called such without dissembling? Any thoughts?

Whatever the answer you choose to give to this question Deus sive Natura was in her finest dress on Monday and, for that I give thanks.

Comments

This all reaffirms my sense that there may be less theological diverstiy in Unitarianism than we often think. So many of us are in the pantheist/panentheist sort of neighbourhood. I think some people think that those who use the label 'Christian' or 'God' believe in a whole list of orthodox things and this is rarely the case. Perhaps we need to go deeper than the labels.